Online Applied Communication degree completion
- Many organizations have positions that emphasize internal and external communication, including public, non-profit and private organizations.
- Employers are looking for team players who can communicate well, problem-solve, obtain and process information, and prioritize tasks. (National Association of Colleges and Employers, 2014)
- In Forbes, 2014, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates identified communication skills as invaluable business assets.
- College graduates rank communication courses as the most important courses for their career success. (Journal of Employment Counseling, 2005)
- Study visual, written and oral communication including courses in journalism, media production, web and print design, communication studies and telecommunication systems.
- Focus on both practical application and theory-based communication strategy.
- Prepares graduates to begin or advance in communication intensive careers.
- A communication minor is available for those pursuing a different online completion degree from Ohio University.
- Earn a Bachelor of Science in Communication from the Scripps College of Communication.
- A conferred associate degree completed at a regionally accredited community college, regional campus, technical college or university (60 or more semester hours or 90 or more quarter hours).
- Combined grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
An online communication degree to fit your busy life.
Ohio University's Bachelor of Communication Studies major in Applied Communication is an online program designed for associate degree graduates who want to further their education and advance their careers. Study multiple communication fields and gain understanding of how they work together.
- Get credit for your associate degree study. Build on the education you have completed to earn your bachelor's degree in as few as 2 years.
- Online convenience. Review study materials and submit assignments online anytime/anywhere.
- Save money. Affordable tuition with flexible and affordable payment options.
- Get started now. Apply to begin in fall, spring or summer.
A national reputation for excellence–
Scripps College of Communication.
- Study in the Scripps College, recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- Scripps is the only college of communication in Ohio so designated.
- Learn from distinguished professors and experience Ohio University’s tradition of quality education.
- Take classes from five differenet schools within the Scripps College:
- E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
- J. W. McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
- School of Communication Studies
- School of Media Arts and Studies
- School of Visual Communication
Online student-centered services.
- Online student services bring the Ohio University campus to your computer.
- Academic advisors are dedicated to your program.
- Success Coaches are as close as a phone call or email to help direct students to the resources and help they need to succeed in classes.
An affordable bachelor's degree.
Online courses in the program are offered at a tuition rate of:
$240 per credit hour for Ohio residents
$243 per credit hour for non-Ohio residents
(rate is a combination of the instructional and the general fees)
Other Fees and Financial Aid
- Application Fee (non-refundable) $25
- Student Information and Network Fee $33 (full-time enrollment), the fee will assess at $3 per credit hour for less than full-time enrollment
- Graduation Application $50
- Visit the Office of the Bursar's web site to learn more about tuition and fees.
Financial aid for qualified students is available. The first step in determining financial aid eligibility is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include Ohio University's Federal School Code - 003100.
To learn more about the topic of financial aid and how to calculate how much school will cost, how much you need to save, and how much aid you'll need, visit finaid.org.
Financial aid eligibility criteria is provided on the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship website.